Thursday, November 17, 2011

widows black screen error when i start booting

Hello, 
When I restart my computer it shows the Windows loading and then when its done loading it goes to a black screen and just stays there. Does anyone know what's wrong? I haven't changed anything from the computer ever. And before the black screen used to come up the computer used to load up and I could sign in to my account but then a few minutes later it would restart all the time. The longer the computer was off for the longer it stayed on the next time I opened it. And now whenever I restart my computer it shows the Windows loading and then when its done loading it goes to a black screen and just stays there. 






After you get the blank screen, ( After logging in. ) 

Press either Ctrl+Shift+Esc, or Ctrl+Alt+Delete. 

Once you do that, the task manager should open up. 

Once open, go to processes and look for Explorer.exe, You might not find it, Because sometimes apparently Vista forgets to start it. 

If it is there, Right click it, and End Process. 

Once done, ( Follow this step if it isnt there also. ) 

Go to the Applications tab, and click 'New Task...' 

Type in Explorer.exe 

This should force the GUI to load, and you shouldnt have any problems from there... 

If your computer is new, I'd suggest getting the new Drivers also, as this may reduce the number of times you'll have to do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment